At Denby Transport we take the privacy of our customers and the public very seriously and we are committed to protecting your privacy online.
This statement explains the privacy and the data protection practices which apply to all websites operated by DENBY TRANSPORT.
Our aim is to safeguard our users’ privacy whilst providing a personalised and valuable service. Collecting personal information is necessary if we are to satisfy the expectations and requirements of our users, e.g. by communicating with them and providing an interactive service. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
What information do we collect?
We collect two kinds of information about our users:
- Non-personal information such as IP address (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many individuals use our sites, how many people visit on a regular basis, which pages are most popular, and which pages are least popular. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live, it simply allows us to monitor and improve our web site service.
- Personal information such as name, postal address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address and which type of product you may be interested in from our transport services or training departments. We collect this information only in connection with specific activities, such as request for information, supplying feedback and quotations etc. The information is either needed to fulfil your request, to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service or for our general market research activities. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse our site. However, if you do choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
How is the information used?
We will not sell, rent, lend or swap your information with any other organisation, trade body or commercial company without your express permission.
We will use the information you provide to:
- fulfil your requests, for example to supply you with publications, telephone or email contact from DENBY TRANSPORT or DENBY TRAINING
- record any contact we have with you in aggregate (and therefore anonymously);
- to profile your use of the website and carry out research on our users’ demographics, interests and behaviour to help us gain a better understanding of how our users navigate and use the website, and to enable us to improve our service to you; and provide you with information about and from DENBY TRANSPORT and/or DENBY TRAINING which we think may be of interest to you, as explained below.
As well as using personal information to fulfill requests, we may wish to keep our contacts informed about DENBY TRANSPORT or DENBY TRAINING latest news or about updates to our sites.
By requesting information you will generally, but not always, be asked to agree to receive mailings, emails or text messages from DENBY TRANSPORT. If you do not tick the permission box information will not be sent to you.
If you do agree to receive this information, and later decide that you no longer wish to be contacted, you can let us know by emailing: email@example.com or telephoning 01522 501522.
If we contact you by email or text message, each time you receive a message you will also have the option to decline to receive further information from us in that manner.
We may use other companies to provide services on our behalf, including sending postal mail, e-mails and text messages and analysing data. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. We require all such companies to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you should be able to change your browser to prevent that. You should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, this should then give you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web.
Cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, such as providing personalised pages, but at present, we use them only to work out how many people visit our sites.
Further information about cookies can be found at the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Our site may contain links to other sites. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our website and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
In addition, if you linked to our websites from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. Our database is hosted in a secure manner. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
Your acceptance of this Policy
Any personal information submitted via our websites or by text is treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. To find out more about your entitlements under this legislation, visit the Information Commissioner’s website: http://www.dataprotection.gov.uk or read the Act online at: http://www.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts1998/19980029.htm
If you would like to review or revise information you have previously provided to us online, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org