Who is the course for?
Training for operators of lorry-loader cranes is required under health and safety legislation. This training will qualify the candidate to RTITB standards to be able to operate a hydraulic lorry loader.
This is a theoretical and practical course of structured tuition to RTITB (Road Transport Industry Training Board) standards.
The theoretical and practical training covers the following elements:
- Current health and safety legislation as it affects lorry-loader operation
- Safety awareness and appreciation of the hazards involved in machine operation, particularly on building sites
- Engineering principles
- Site conditions
- Pre-shift checks
- Operator safety procedures
- Slinging and signalling
- Practical training in safe loader operation
- Theoretical and practical assessments
To train lorry-loader operators in safe operation to meet the minimum requirements of health and safety legislation.
The course lasts for one or two days, and candidates will receive an RTITB certificate following successful completion of the course. Please note that candidates will have to pass a theory test and a practical test in order to be certificated.
The maximum number of delegates per course is 3. This training can be delivered on employer premises UK-wide using your own equipment.