20 years of lobbying the government is about to pay off and trials of the Denby Eco-Link B-Double are right around the corner.
What is the Denby Eco-Link:
- It is an 8 axle B-Double truck, in which a tractor unit pulls two semi-trailers using fifth wheel couplings on both trailers
- Capacity fully laden is 60 tonnes
- Overall length is 25.25m
Benefits of the Eco-Link:
- Reduced axle loads with an average of 7.5 tonnes per axle, reducing the potential for road damage.
- Two Eco-Link road trains would replace three 16.5m long artics, it would yield a reduction in overall fuel consumption, cutting costs as well as CO₂ and other emissions in the process.
- The Eco-Link could carry around 12 to 14 more standard pallets than is possible with a 13.6m tri-axle trailer.
- Our Eco-Link needs no highway investment - today's roads are fine.
The Denby Eco-Link, dubbed the ‘super lorry’ by the mainstream media was designed and built by Denby Transport.
If you are interested in the trial, please get in touch by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the Denby Ecolink trailer, please watch the video below.