On the rare occasions we have a job vacancy it will be advertised here. We are fortunate to have a stable team with an extremely low staff turnover. We would be happy to help you update your skill base for the challenges ahead. See our Training Services section.
Responsibilities and Duties
Denby Transport is looking to recruit a Driver Apprentice, the role involves driving the Class 2 LGV vehicles. In this role you will be part of a team of removal & installation of plant and machinery and the transportation of exceptional loads.
·You will be working towards becoming a fully-fledged member of our growing HGV Driver & Hiab lorry operator team, through work shadowing and ‘hands on’ training.
You will have the full support and guidance of fellow colleague & managers to help you grow and develop into an outstanding Hiab lorry operator.
In addition to your driving duties we would expect you to be flexible and assist with yard/warehouse duties when the need arises.
The job will involve a lot of travel and time spent working away from home & weekend work is a requirement.
Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for a bright, determined individual with a positive, hardworking ‘can-do’ attitude who is interested in a career within the Special projects team.
HIAB & LGV experience is desirable for this role but not essential, all training will be provided.
Knowledge of installation work & exceptional loads is an advantage.
The ability to remain motivated whilst working alone is essential for a driving focused role.
The ability to communicate effectively with your colleagues will be an important part of the role.
For safety purposes, we do require our apprentices to have a satisfactory medical assessment.
Hold a valid, full UK driving licence with at least 6 months driving experience to qualify for the license acquisition.
A competitive pay package
People orientated culture
Training and development opportunities
Lifting Equipment Engineer
Denby lifting services is a rapidly expanding and successful business looking for people who’ll help us shape our future and fulfil their own ambitions. We take pleasure in providing great rewards for people who drive our success and value people’s skills, experience and qualifications.
Denby lifting services specialises in the supply of equipment for various different applications relating to lifting and handling. Our service that we offer includes the sale, repair , inspection, testing and design and fabrication of most types of lifting related equipment on a regional, national and international level.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with a flexible attitude.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Carrying out inspection, Service, Repair and Testing of Lifting Equipment in accordance with LOLER regulations
- Repair of various Lifting Equipment will include but not limited to Chain Slings, Electrical Chain hoists, Pull lifts, Genies, Tirfors, Hydraulic Jacking Equipment
- Ensure that repair orders are processed according to the established guidelines and that work is completed to schedule
- To maintain high standards of housekeeping within the workshop and maintain a safe working environment
- Requirements of the lifting equipment engineer
- Evidence of technical training relevant to position
- Ability to work under pressure, set deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Interest in the products
- LEEA qualification preferred but not essential
Denby lifting services Design, manufacture, install, test and repair all types of lifting equipment, specialising in the supply of equipment for various different applications relating to Lifting & Handling. Our service that we offer includes the Sale, Repair, Inspection, Testing and Design & Fabrication of most types of lifting related equipment on a regional, national & international level. It is our aim to provide professional and efficient service to all customers from enquiry to job completion.
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
- Experience: Lifting equipment: 1 year (preferred)
- Engineering: 1 Year (required)
- Work Remotely: No
- Location: Denby Lifting services sadler road lincoln LN6 3JR
- Start Date: ASAP
- Hours of work: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm, must be available to work overtime when required, this could include saturdays.
20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to 'The HR Department, Denby Transport Ltd, 73 Sadler Road, Lincoln LN6 3JR.'
We're always keen to hear from drivers directly.
Please complete the attached application form and send back to us.
Post: The HR Department, Denby Transport Ltd, 73 Sadler Road, Lincoln LN6 3JR.