Driver CPC part 3A test off-road exercises
You must have passed the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) part 1 theory test before you can book the Driver CPC part 3a test.
Booking your test:
Call 01522 503902 or email Terry.email@example.com
What you must bring to your test:
- Your theory test pass certificate, unless you are upgrading your licence to tow heavier trailers
You must also bring one of the following:
- a Great Britain photocard driving licence
- a Northern Ireland photocard driving licence and paper counterpart
- an EU photocard driving licence (and paper counterpart, if you have one)
If you do not have a photocard driving licence, bring your paper licence and a valid passport.
Your test will be cancelled, and you’ll lose your fee if you do not bring these.
How the test works:
Your test will last up to 30 minutes, and includes:
- an ‘S’ shaped reverse into a bay
- Showing the uncoupling and recoupling procedure
You can carry on if you make a mistake during your test.
If you pass the test, you’ll get a test certificate. You’ll need to take the certificate to your Driver CPC part 3b (on-road driving) test.
You need to pass the Driver CPC part 3b test within 6 months of getting your certificate. If you do not, you’ll need to pass part 3a again.
If you fail you can book another test straight away, but you must leave at least 24 hours before you take the test again.